Wednesday 23 October 2013

Off on an adventure!....?

I live and work in the same town. It's good - it takes 10 minutes at the most to go from leaving my house to sitting at my desk, 25 if I walk.

But occasionally I get the opportunity to venture further afield - today I'm off to Glasgow for a meeting with like minded "private sector" colleagues from other local authorities across Scotland. I get to "network" (that term I despise, it actually fills me with dread, however I don't mind talking to people even if I'm a bit rubbish at it!).

So currently I'm on a train hurtling itself towards the west side of the country and trying to get a little bit of reading for work done at the same time. Although I do get distracted by people watching.  It always amazes me what others get up to on early morning trains - putting on make up, breakfast (coffee/muffin/stuff), reading, rocking out to tunes in their own world while trying to wake up! An interesting peak into the lives of others that I don't normally see.

Mind you I couldn't travel this far to work everyday, it would become tedious very quick. I like my very short commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome :) please feel free to comment, I do read them. I will respond to all comments, maybe not very quickly so I apologise in advance, but y'know sometimes we'd all like more hours in the day to fit everything in.