Tuesday 1 October 2013

Hello there :)

Today I've decided to link up with Lynne at Lily's Quilts and take part in sort of both the fresh sewing day - because in September I *shock, horror* actually managed to get sat at my sewing machine and achieve some sewing - and also the Small Blog Meet.
Sewing wise I tackled my first ever attempt at cathedral window blocks.  They are very addictive!  I'm really pleased with the results - not sure what I will do with this now however, but I'm contemplating turning it into a cushion cover.
I also managed to complete all my 24 scrappy trip around the world blocks.  I'm still deciding on the final layout so the quilt top is not completely finished but I'm more than impressed that I've finished the blocks considering that I started them shortly after my daughter was born this year - she's nearly 8 months!


And now a little bit about me and my blog.  This is my second blog but my first one Biff's Funky Scrappy blog, never did have a huge amount of followers either so I decided to link up to Lynne's Small Blog Meet.  I've been sewing off and on for a few years - it's in my blood.  Both my grannys were very good with their hands - one pretty much constantly had a pair of knitting needles in her hands and the other had a large sewing table with the ever present sewing machine in her (small) livingroom and after a life working in mills she basically become the go-to mender of clothes/household essentials in the small fishing village where she lived.  My sister carries the 'make do and mend/creative' gene better than me to be fair - she did Home Economics at school and make her own leather jacket at age 17!  But I love messing about with my sewing machine, I will never claim to be fantastic at it or even particularly creative, but I love seeing how things produce and having something tangible in my hands at the end of a few hours in front of my sewing machine.

I'd love to have more time (and money!) to do more sewing but a large chunk of my time is spent at work (boo!) and an even larger chunk is spent tending to/running after/playing with my 2 lovely kiddiewink.  Occasionally I also attempt to spend some time with my husband!

If you've popped over from Lily's Quilts I hope you've enjoyed my blethers and I haven't bored you too much.  Maybe you'll pop by again, you're more than welcome too :)

2 comments:

  1. Popping in from the Small Blog Meet. Both the scrappy trip around the world and the cathedral windows quilts are on my to-do-someday list :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Lily's Quilts small blog meet - I do like the quilting you have done so far, and your adorable children - you must be just so busy !

    ReplyDelete

Welcome :) please feel free to comment, I do read them. I will respond to all comments, maybe not very quickly so I apologise in advance, but y'know sometimes we'd all like more hours in the day to fit everything in.